"To ensure that Olds High School provides educational opportunities that enable students to become responsible and productive members of society.”
“To foster learning in a safe, challenging, and diverse environment.”
Olds High School offers a vital educational program. We are committed to:
- Reinforcing the values of honesty, integrity, and respect for self, others, and property.
- Providing a progressive environment with a variety of educational programs that motivate students and staff to meet their individual potentials as life-long learners.
- Recognizing the importance of personal responsibility and mutual accountability by students, staff, and parents in the educational process.
- Offering dynamic curricular and extra-curricular opportunities in a disciplined setting.
- Nurturing a co-operative relationship between the school and the community.,
- Using technology effectively to support learning and communicating.
Responsible Citizenship: Olds High School values the qualities of an informed citizen: honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
Personal Responsibility: Olds High School values life-long learning and believes that education is an interactive and intrinsic process for each individual.
Equity and Diversity of Opportunity: Olds High School values a rich learning environment and believes that it is important to provide a wide variety of curricular and extra-curricular programming that addresses the needs and interests of all students.
Professionalism of Teachers: Olds High school recognizes professionalism of teachers and believes in the professional capability of its teaching staff to grow as educators.
Active Involvement of Parents: Olds High School values the involvement of parents in the education of their children and believes that parents can and do play a vital role in contributing to student success.
Community Involvement: Olds High School values interaction with the community and believes that the school is an integral component of the community.